Earn up to $40 an hour teaching ONLINE to Chinese students in Grades K-6.
Small Class Sizes
Entirely Online Curriculum
Make a Difference
Genesis Foundry is seeking qualified part-time instructors for online instruction with Sprout. Sprout is a fully comprehensive K-6 online school for for Chinese children, aged 5-12 years old. The school is designed for students to take classes online with native speakers of English. Currently, the school has approximately 600-650 registered students now, which make up 150 group classes per week. Each class consists of a group of 4 to 5 students.
You can teach with Sprout and still keep your day job. This is unlike any teaching assignment you’ve ever had.
Because Sprout students are based out of China, we are seeking teachers available during the evenings in China. Our teachers’ subjects include: Language arts, phonics, reading, social studies, history, science, English conversation. We have recently added Spanish and French and expect to offer more soon. The students are enrolled in Kindergarten through 6th grade, according to USA Elementary school standards.
- Citizen of United States or Canada
- Native English Speaker
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Professional Teaching Experience
- Webcam with Microphone
- Strong Computer Skills
- Teacher Certification Preferred
Sign up now and start changing lives!
About Our Partner…
Sprout Connects the Best Teachers with the Best Students in China
Sprout was initially formed in May of 2012. The goal of Sprout remains the same: to connect the highest quality of English speaking teachers with students, providing interactive small group lessons online. Each group contains between 3 – 5 students. And their ages range between 5 – 13 years old. This project uses a series of theories and methods to aid Chinese children in learning English effectively and also inspire their interest in learning.
Features of Sprout
- Western teaching methods for dynamic classrooms.
- Popular American books and teaching material.
- Interactive teaching models to give each student personalized attention.
- Online classrooms for children to enjoy high quality lessons via the internet.
- Sprout’s mission statement has been to provide high quality online lessons for Chinese speaking students.
- The Sprout project was created to make up for the perceived deficiency in the traditional Chinese education system which puts too much emphasis on high grades and testing.
- The online program seeks to serve students from level K to college. At present, 95% of the students are between the ages of 5 and 12 years old.
- Each class has between 3 and 5 students. This smaller class format allows each teacher to give individual attention to each student in the group.
- Teaching subjects include: language arts, phonics, reading, social studies, history, science, conversational classes, and recently Spanish and French.
- Each student’s English level is tested from level K to 6th grade, according to the United States Department of Education standards.
Check out the profiles of some of our teachers…
Jeremy, New York
Hello there! I was born in New York and grew up near Washington D.C… but I consider myself a yankee at heart. People say my accent is very neutral, since I was born in the north but raised in the south. I have a culturally diverse background. You see, my mother is Korean and my father has Jewish roots. It’s a strange combination, but I’m not the only one of my kind.
Over the past years it’s been a privilege to work with adults and children of various native languages, teaching and tutoring in the classroom setting as well as online. I can truly testify that the Sprout program is a great place for kids to interact with talented and caring teachers. The size of the classes are perfect to give each student individual attention and it’s a great vehicle to connect with native speakers from all over the world! I believe that online learning is the future of education and I consider having a job in education a great honor.
Hello! My Name is Alana. I’m from the beautiful state of Oregon in the United States! In my free time I enjoy going Ice skating, hiking, swimming, and reading books. I’ve lived internationally in both Chile and Thailand, and have always been passionate about traveling, and learning about different cultures.
I’ve been learning Mandarin Chinese for around 3 years, and I feel it’s helped me to become a much more effective teacher, because I know what works!
I have my Bachelor degree in Education, and I minored in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. I have over 10 years of teaching experience, and have been teaching online for about 2 years. I have so much fun working with the students in Sprout, and love to get to know them and see them progress! I feel teaching online is such a great way to help my students advance their English skills and help them build a better future.
Hello, my name is Harry Flores, and I’m a teacher with Sprout Education online.
I live in Bradenton Florida, USA. I’ve been teaching for about 4 years now. I attended the Canadian Institute of English, learning how to teach English through newly researched applied neuroscience methods. Things such as the communicative approach, chaos theory, and the audio lingual method. English is an absolutely useful, beautiful, and fun language to speak and learn. Its used in many parts of the world and knowing it will enrich your life immensely! It’s going to aid you in entering different universities, different schools, or perhaps in different business ventures that you may be pursuing.
If you’re interested in joining Sprout education online, I would like to welcome you! You’re going to be well taken care of here.